Pages

Sunday 30 July 2017

Some Sunday Stitching


My spinner blocks are spread out all over the living room floor, but my mojo for this Sunday isn't sewing together those long rows of half square hexagons... perhaps later tonight...


This morning I have been playing with a sample piece for some FMQ I put together while I had my machine set up yesterday - just practicing some wavy lines


What to do with this quilted square? My coffee table has all kinds of little knick-knacks spread out, so I decided to pull out needle and thread...

 ...and turn it into a thread/all-kinds-of-stuff catcher


Dug through my bag of buttons and found this - not sure how old that is, but from the price tag I would guess mid 80s (?)


Another Round We Go block has joined it's friends - having heaps of fun stitching these blocks.


Not really keeping with the program and making four of the same from each seed pack (though I will make more of the same patterns)

Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy's Quilts and join the celebration of the 5th anniversary for this fun world wide stitching bee. Thanks for keeping it up, Kathy!

Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

7 comments:

CathieJ said...

I love that little basket you made with the fabric square. How adorable and useful. Isn't amazing how quickly time flies by that you find things in your stash that are around 30 years old?

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea...to turn your fmq practice piece into a cute little basket! Love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is such a cool idea! It would make a great Christmas gift!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Nemo said...

Smart kurv! :-)

Suzanne said...

Round We Go blocks are lovely! Great finish for your sewing basket too.

Elin said...

Dette blir flott, Anne-Ida! Gleder meg til å sjå ferdig resultat!
Desse Round we go-blokkene, er du med på ein syalong, eller? Går ut frå at Kathrine har desse malane...
Ha ei fin veke!

Sarah said...

You have some gorgeous projects on the go! I love what you have done with your quilting practice piece!