Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Kissed by the sun again

I had planned to do some cutting and patching of the background squares for my little hexie flowers, but laying out the charms I found I wanted to keep it simple and just stitched them together and scattered the flowers on top:


Yesterday I popped into Kathrine's Quiltestue and picked up some finishing fabric. I had planned to only quilt it and add a binding, but looking at the bolts I gave into temptation to get the scrumptious green check for a border - it does look heaps better with a frame! - and a striped pink for binding.



The quilting is some paisley shapes all over the background and some sort of swirly flower shapes in the flowers themselves.


I have been quilting and un-picking parts of the border twice - first I did a very strict lines and crosses pattern, and then I attempted to do a feather, but I wasn't pleased with either - so in the end I have decided on a very simple stippling



Yvonne and I plan a sewing day on Thursday, so I'll bring the binding with me to hand stitch :-)

Hugs and stitches from
Anne Ida

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ååå, det var en søt sommerduk! Flink med frihåndsquilting er du også :o)

Laila said...

Hei.
Den ble kjempe søt :-))

2ne said...

Denne ble flott - og nydelig quilting :-)

Rose Johnston said...

Oh it looks lovely hun! That border really sets it off. Love the quilting, u clever girl!!!
Big hugs xxx
(ps I did reply to your email, now I worry all the time it will be sent back grrr lol xx)

Rhonda said...

I love the soft look for this quilt and the sprinkling of the flowers was a cool touch!

Teresa said...

I had not seen the rounded edges on the hexies before...so pretty and delicate looking.