Pages

Friday 16 July 2010

Bindings

I have spent a few days at my family's summer house, and before leaving I wrapped up the quilting on my two 'smallish' tabletoppers so that I could bring the bindings with me as hand work while I was away. And they are both FINISHED!

The Decadent Victorian didn't make it all the way home with me, as my Mum insisted it would look great on their coffee table *lol*:



I had a lot of fun playing with quilting shapes on this one - lots and lots of curvy lines, not a single one of them actually a perfect curve:



The Plan C was simply stippled in the centre - I think that suits the scrappy look of it - and the borders are crosshatched.



And have a look at the binding. Do you have one of these?



I got the idea from someone's blog - sorry I don't remember which one any longer. They are leftover bindingstrips from all projects I have bound using 2.25" strips, and work wonderful when binding completely scrappy projects.

Stay creative and have a lovely weekend!
Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

6 comments:

Quiltemarerittet said...

Smart! Men hva har du dem på?

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Both your quilts are beautiful! I love the scrappy look!

Tone Yvonne said...

Dette ble jo veldig fint!!

Skjønner hvorfor moren din ville beholde den ene!! Passe veldig bra på bordet der ja :O)

Plan C fikke et veldig flott uttrykk med quiltingen!! Det fikk duken også :O) FLink du!!!

Håper du nyter sommeren!!

Klem fra Yvonne :O)

Laura said...

I love the scrappy Plan C! I've been thinking of making some of the Schnibbles using a scrappy palette since I generally don't work with specific fabric lines.

Julie said...

Thanks for the great binding idea! I always seem to have a small amount leftover and have been pressing and cutting it up, but I like your idea better. I can never seem to get the crease out anyway. Off to the beach with the family for a week, but am bringing a sewing project - wedding quilt I'm trying to get done in a hurry. It's all cut and ready to sew.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a clever idea. Love your quilts.