Pages

Thursday 1 July 2010

Ehhh... tablerunner???

A few years ago a friend of mine set a rule that I had to finish one of my unfinished projects whenever I started a new. Well, I haven't been really good keeping this up, but figured I'd do a small finish since I started the Decadent Victorian table topper. If you by chance have been reading my list of WISPs you might have seen the note of a "Pinwheel tablerunner". How long this has been laying around I'm not really sure... somewhere between 3 and 6 years.

It was only a pile of HST units and a 30cm piece of fabric in my project bag, but the pinwheels came together pretty smoothly, and the borders were attached without problem:



Then I got to thinking... This is a size that doesn't fit any of my tables... What will I do with it once it's done? Ok, I'll quilt it and worry about that another time... The important thing is that I'll finish it! But once quilted I was still feeling a bit apprehencive about the size... what to do? what to do? Ah-ha!!:



Cute, cute, cute!! And best of all: FINISHED!!!! It is very simple with two medium size pockets inside, and just a strap and a button to keep it closed. I got to use one of the many buttons I walked away with after last week's house clearing:



And on the stash busting front, this is all that's left of the contents of the project bag, and will go into the 2" strips and squares box:



Hugs and stitches from Anne Ida

7 comments:

Trisha said...

I love that you turned that tablerunner into a bag. Genius!

paulette said...

Well aren't you smart!! And a gorgeous new bag to boot!! Love it!
Paulette

toja said...

Kjempelurt! Mye bedre med ei flott veske enn en løper i skuffen!

Linda said...

Wow! What a fabulous bag. I love it!
Linda in Southern Illinois

Jeanne said...

Very clever! Your new bag looks wonderful.

Julie said...

This came out fabulous! I need to post the pictures of all my cut up scraps. I did get through the pile of my stuff. Still have some from other people, but I don't feel too responsible for organizing that. I am, however, using some of those scraps to make a nickel quilt for my friends daughters wedding. The pile IS shrinking.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I LOVE how you turned that table runner into a Tote! It is adorable!