Pages

Monday 31 May 2010

Charity Crosses

Remember I showed this picture of a layer cake and some yardage of Alliance fabrics by Howard Marcus? Well, I had plans for this purchase, and have been sewing steadily (if not quickly *lol*) over the last week or so:



The pattern is Charity Crosses by Sheryl Johnson, and can be found on the Moda Bake Shop blog (I'm a big fan of this site and read almost all the posts, but this is the first pattern I have actually tried). It is a very simple pattern to piece, but also very decorative. And I got a firm reminder of why i usually add cornerstones to my sashings - pinning up long strips to match is not my favorite part of quilting ;o)

I did my own little twist on it by adding an inner and an outer border to frame the blocks a little more and make the quilt a tad larger. Using a striped fabric for the border, it was natural to mitre the corners:



Ok, so I didn't do the best job of lining up the stripes, but I still like the look of the corners. Now I just have to figure out how to quilt it - thinking I might just do some stippling...

Hugs and stitches from
Anne Ida &

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I think it looks great. I love that blue border fabric. Brightens up the whole quilt. I am working on a quilt right now that has sashing but no cornerstones to help line everything up. It is a lot harder to make it look lined up. I am pinning like crazy, that seems to help.

Days and colors said...

Your quilts are always so beautiful! Lovely color combination. Hi, Anton, how're doing?