Pages

Thursday 25 September 2008

Swap-happy!

Dear blogging friends! Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my previous post! I know it has been a while, but I really needed this little break. My situation at work has calmed down a little bit, and I have calmed down a little bit. I made a bit of an escape to visit friends in London, and spent some time with my parents at our summer house for a week; no computer and a phone that I kept switched off for a lot of the time was needed. But I have missed blogging, and even though I haven't made any comments, I have tried to keep up with your blogs through Bloglines :o)

Just before the summer my dear blogging friend Suzie (Littlebusybee) and I agreed to do a one-on-one mini quilt swap, and yesterday this beauty showed up:

Isn't it gorgeous? The pattern is "Reel Friendships". She has done such a fabulous job on it - the piecing is soooo accurate, and her hand quilting is fabulous! Thank you so much, Suzie! I’m so happy with it!

She also included some other goodies in the parcel;

Rebecca Barker card, chocolate, tea, a teeny tiny sewing machine key ring, and a beautiful bookmark! Look at those tiny flying geese! Just like the quilt it is so perfectly made! This is one talented lady!

Of course I made her a mini quilt as well – but I don’t think it has arrived in Germany yet, so I’ll keep it a secret until she has received it.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Sincerely, Anne Ida

25 comments:

Rose Johnston said...

Welcome back sweetie, u have been missed in blogland!!!!
Ive heard all about your holidays so i know ur all rested and ready to tackle....quilting!!
What a gorgeous swap quilt from Suzie, she has done a tremendous job!!! and in your favorite blues..
Big hugs xxx

May Britt said...

I am so happy to have you back in blogland. Have missed you. Hope things settle down a bit now and you get your mojo back.
This little mini is soooooooooo cute. Enjoy it.

Elin said...

What a happy day, you being back in Blogland! I have missed you. I remember last October and the wonderful day we spent together in Oslo. A little "timeout" is good for everybody when life is difficult.
Your swap quilt is just wonderful!!

Annelies said...

I also use Bloglines, so I know you are back.
It is so good to hear from you again !
I love the quilt you got. It is very beautiful.
I have three cards of Rebecca Barker and I am alreay addicted.

May Kristin said...

How wonderful to have you back! You have been deeply missed! Your little quilt is gorgeous! Lucky you! Take care, look forward to see more of you!

Lise in Norway said...

I am so happy you are back my friend.... Missed you You know. The thiny quilt is lovely Anne Ida
lots of XOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

What a divine mini quilt - and better yet - great to have you back on line - you have been missed for the chat, photos, beautiful quilts / tops / hangings etc and of course your inspiritation - so welcome back Anne

*karendianne. said...

Such lovely items and oh so good to hear from you! Welcome back.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Both the quilt and the bookmark are wonderful. I hope the situation at work keeps settling down for the better.

Sweet P said...

That quilt is outstanding! You are one lucky recipient.

Tone Yvonne said...

So good to see that you're back!!
Truly missed you!!

Waht a wonderful swapgift you got :o)

Have a wonderful weekend, talk to you soon!!

Hugs

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are back :) :) Suzie has done a great job, you are lucky to receive the quilt.

Heather said...

Hi! I am glad you are back :) Your "time off" sounded very nice. I am glad things are looking better for you.

Very cute mini quilt, love it! The blue and white is great.

Chocolate Cat said...

Lovely to have you back, you were missed!!

Vicki W said...

What a beautiful little quilt!

shelley said...

Surprise!! So glad to see you, Anne Ida! I have missed you. Your little swap quilt is soooo very nice! Welcome back! Hugs!

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Yes, that quilt is gorgeous and I love the blue colours too. Welcome back!

Julie said...

Dear Anne Ida,
It is so good to see you back. Although I have turned out to be a terrible blogger myself, I so enjoy yours. I'm glad things have settled at work. On a different note, your new quilt is so pretty. What a great idea to do a swap with a friend. I always heard of swaps with big groups, but this is a nice way to keep it small and intimate.

Great to see you returned, Julie in NH

Sigrun said...

Så hyggelig å lese at du har det litt bedre. Håper ting ordner seg slik at du får fullført doktorgrads arbeidet ditt. Og husk å kose deg med sømmen innimellom alt annet. Kommer snart innom igjen.

Rhonda said...

What a great surprise and a neat swapping friend. What's the name of the quilt design? Waves at Sea, maybe. Anyway....love it. What size did it turn out to be?

Teresa said...

What a pretty quilt - blue and white, just love that. Its always so crisp and clean looking and she certainly make an excellent quilt. Glad life has calmed down a little for you and good to see you blogging again.

meggie said...

Gorgeous gifts for a gorgeous girl!
Glad you enjoyed your break.
Hugs

Leisha Camden said...

Great to see you're back!! :-)

Blanca said...

Welcome back. It's a beautiful day!

Ulla said...

I just saw your beautiful mini quilt on Suzie's blog and came to see what she sent to you. I'm beginning to think she has very good eyesight and tiny fingers; she is soo good in sewing the miniature things ;o)