Pages

Monday 25 June 2007

Charm packs quilt

In the post I made this morning I promised that I'd share a picture of the quilt I've been working on for the last week. I had no idea this pic would be posted this soon (sorry it's not all that great). Like I said the quilt was a birthday present for a friend, I brought it with me to work today to give it to him in time for his summer holiday, thinking he'd take it with him and open it on his birthday (which is in a month). But this quilt was also a present for his birthday last year (I've had such a guilty conscience about not getting him something that he made me promise to get him a big gift this year to cover both birthdays *lol*), so of course he had to open it right away. And this is it:

A lap quilt, size 54" x 73” made with a gray sofa in mind :o) I'm sure a lot of fabric collectors recognise the fabrics. The centre is made up of Moda fabrics; one charm pack of Cornucopia Print, one pack Cornucopia Plaid (wonderful textures in this one!!!), and one pack Mistletoe Manor Silky Cotton plaids mixed with some gray Lines R Horton wovens set on point using green Yours Truly Holiday as setting triangles. The gray and the green is also used in the borders, and the gray is used for the backing and the binding. I decided to try to tie this rather than quilting it, and I've used dark green floss for that. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out! And I think he was pleased with his "big gift" :o)

13 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a nice and comfy gift!

Rose Marie said...

Great quilt! I love the mix of flowers along with the stripes and plaids.

Floss said...

I love the grey and plaids; it makes it great for a guy. The lowers are pretty too, I don't think I would think to put them together.

Unknown said...

What a great gift for your friend, I like the colors, the gray color ties it all together.

SuBee said...

How perfect for a man! It's always harder (I think) to make mens quilts, but that one is just perfect. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Nice gift for your friend ! Happy friend !

Rose Johnston said...

Anne it turned out lovely, its perfect for ur male friend and who could blame im for opening it sooo soon. It looks so snuggly and those grey borders set it off perfectly, i bet it will live on his couch!!....Great job!!!

Hanne said...

What a lovely gift :-)

Angela said...

I love it. Scrappy is the best.

Samantha said...

that is a lovely and "big" gift!

meggie said...

Beautiful gift! I love those colours.

Valerie said...

Oh, but it IS great Anne! It's adorable! PERFECT for a grey couch. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quilt. I always like to see what you are working on! I may have to make some of those coasters you posted last. I'm thinking about using some of the elm creek fabric that I have been saving. Thanks to you, Anne Ida, I have purchased my first charm packs!